Monday, October 20, 2008

Wolcott Mill Civil War Skirmish

Today, after battling a nasty cold for the better part of two weeks, I felt well enough to drag my equally sick husband out to Ray, Michigan for the Civil War skirmish at Wolcott Mill. We were so glad we went ... it was a gloriously warm and sunny Indian summer day and the colors were spectacular. I do so love Michigan in autumn!

Even more spectacular was the reenactment of the action near Shepherd's Town, Virginia (now Shepherdstown, West Virginia), which took place after the Battle of Antietam. Fabulous show!! Here is a small sampling of the photos I took.











I love this one ... Johnny Reb lending a hand to Billy Yank. :-)


A few shots of the Michigan Cavalry Brigade, my Great Great Grand Uncle Charles W. Austin's Unit




No comments: